1/07/2010

saying goodbye is the hardest thing to do .....

It is, however, completely necessary in this situation. I'm sorry ...... truly remorseful. What am I to do? You are a mere 5 Mega Pixels and you are loosing your ability to focus! I need consistency in a camera. When a photo opportunity arises, I need to know you will be up to the task of capturing the moment. It's not your fault, I know. You are old. Ancient really. In the world of digital cameras you are practically an antique! You have performed magnificently for me in the past, but I need a camera who is ........ well ........ blog worthy.




I wish I had photo of you when you were younger, but you were busy behind the scenes. I made you a one-of-a-king camera strap to show you I know how important you are. True, I once set you carelessly down on a horse trailer while I grabbed my purse .............. oh the horror is almost too much for me to recall ............... and Beau the horse came over and nibbled off your setting's dial. I am so sorry about that. I did save you from certain death, however, by slapping away Beau's sweet muzzle. And look! You continued to serve me, sans dial, for FOUR additional years! If that doesn't prove my dedication and love to you I don't know what will.

Sweet Sony, I bid you adieu. Auf wiedersehen. Ciao.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Move over baby and make room for baby Canon.




She is TWICE the MP's you ever were. Sure, she is tiny. but look how pretty she is! In fact, I am going to make her a pretty little case to stay warm and protected while she bounces around in my purse. Yep, right next to my iTouch and cell phone; this little thing is going places with me. In fact, I purposefully bought her to be mobile. On the fly. Ready at a moments notice to fire up and snap away! She is the wings beneath my Project Life: 365 photos in 2010.

Now, this camera is NOT my dream camera. Not even close. In tough economic times you have to make tough decisions! I needed a camera I could depend on, small enough to toss in my purse and cute enough to make my friends go "awwwwwww".

Someday I will be taking the plunge and purchasing a Digital SLR camera. For now, however, my little orange Canon will have to step up and be everything I need her to be.

Now I must step back into my day, another snow day with the kiddos home, and get to crafting.

No comments: