4/22/2011

good friday


I am so happy to be back to posting 'Good Fridays'!  It's been so long since I have taken the opportunity to participate in this fabulous idea by Roselady.  It is best re-stated in her own words:
I came up with Good Fridays a few months back because I sensed some sadness around the DOC (diabetes online community), and I hoped that by making every Friday a time to reflect on three good things in our lives (things that have nothing to do with diabetes), it might help us to refocus away from the disease. I, for one, would much rather spend my time dwelling on things that make me happy than spending all my time bemoaning diabetes. I chose the name Good Fridays because I particularly liked the tie-in with my faith. I think when you believe in God, you just trust that things are going to work out. So, I'm not freaked out by diabetes.  Sure, there's a lot of scary stuff surrounding it, but I'll deal with it as it happens. I'm not going to let it consume me. I prefer to just accept our situation and make the most of it -- after all, that's how I ended up with our blog. 

Here are mine:

1.  I love living in an older neighborhood.  The streets come alive when Spring rolls around . . . the birds chirping, the flowers blooming, trees budding and grass growing.  Other furry friends often come all the way up to the back porch for a visit:

 We call him Stumpy . . yep.  Short tail due to not being so swift with crossing traffic ;)

 2.  Mailing out thank-you cards.  Well, what I am really grateful for is the reason I mailed out the cards.  The many friends and family that I wanted to reach out and express gratitude to for their thoughtful flowers, plants and food they provided for me and my family during the days following my Mom's death.

3.  Last Sunday we attended the Blue and Gold Ceremony for Ben's Tiger Scout Troop.  It was fun to see all the boys together, but most exciting was seeing my boy and my husband smiling and enjoying each other as they finish up a great first (hopefully 1 of many) year of scouting.



Christ has Risen!

Mark 16:1-8 (ESV)  When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Salome bought spices, so that they might go and anoint him. And very early on the first day of the week, when the sun had risen, they went to the tomb. And they were saying to one another, “Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?” And looking up, they saw that the stone had been rolled back—it was very large. And entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed in a white robe, and they were alarmed. And he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen; he is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he is going before you to Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.” And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid











Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Our Diabetic Warrior said...

What a wonderful promise God gives us! I can't imagine what it will be like to be praising His name with my brothers and sisters in Christ for eternity!

Beautiful thought!!! Luv ya sister!

Unknown said...

Happy Easter dear Amy. I love your Good Friday posts. And I am soooo alive and happy with Spring's arrival. Good times and lots of lows are in our immediate future - WOOT.

xoxo

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Happy spring! Happy Easter!

So glad you had that support following your mother's death.

Unknown said...

I love love love SPRING :)

Awesome list :) Love that pic of your boy and your man!