Today has kicked my arse. Allow me to explain:
1. Last night my hubby left town to go be with his folks while his dad went through a cardiac catherization procedure. The appointment wasn't until noon today and it wasn't until after I got the call that all went SPLENDIDLY that I realized I had been holding my breath all morning. No blockages and thus, no stints needed to be placed. Praise the Lord!
2. I spent way too much time on the computer searching for the best deals on the rest of our homeschooling curriculum. Too much time that didn't yield the prices I wanted to spend, but it needed to be done and now my wallet it slim.
3. Too much time with too little structure for my children today = the grouchies . . . for them and for me.
4. The blank page that is to be my Mom's memorial tribute mocked me by remaining word free. I have 9 days to start and finish it before we lay my mom to rest with her parents and brother.
5. And finally, I tried to end the day on a high note by taking the younger two kiddos and their bestest buddies to a late afternoon swim at the pool. I *think* it worked for them, but my headache returned so I only half succeeded.
All this to say I am pulling the day 13 NaBloPoMo prompt for this evening and then putting the lid on this day.
Who was the last person you spoke to on the telephone?
Wow. I sat here and thought about it and finally had to pick up my phone to look through the call log. I am guessing texting and leaving messages do not count . . . . . so, it was Ceesa!!!
I am not surprised. She is who I call when I need a plan, and boy howdy did I need a plan by 2pm this afternoon. I knew what I needed to get accomplished, but I needed her help figuring out what to do with the kids and when. Since she happens to have birthed 3 beautiful children of her own, I knew she could help a friend out and work me through an idea or two.
Aren't friends the bestest?!