Saturday mornings have become a time I anticipate all week long; ........ or long week ..... or long day now that the kids are on summer break. Saturday morning is M-E time. Time to go and collect my local bounty at a farmer's market or browse a grocery store for new products. I can choose to be alone (not lonely) or bring along a friend, or even one of my kiddos if I feel like it. Heck, I may even decide to
drag invite Dave along if I think he will behave and not make fun of my oooooooohing and aaaaaaaaaaahing.
This Saturday morning I chose to go it solo. What a beautiful day! Even at 7:15am the crowds were thick and noisy. Not my preference, but I will share the space if dog noses stay out of my bags and people's elbows out of my face. (This is why I do not like crowds. Being vertically challenged leaves me with NO view and lots of bony body parts knockin' my noggin)
Even with these many shoppers, I was still excited to get in there and find my favorite vendors and products.
(left to right, back row to front row)
- sprouted sunflower seeds from Fresh (consumed a wheatgrass shot while there)
- mozerella from .......... shoot, I forgot
- mint syrup from BGF
- salad greens from Grinnell Heritage Farm
- kefir milk from Campbell's Nutrition, CN, (went there after the market)
- Nourishing Traditions book from CN (I have wanted this book for MONTHS!)
- honey roasted peanut butter ..... again with the forgetting
- BGF "Best Ever" oatmeal cookies
- dough enhancer for my homemade breads (reduces spoilage) from CN
- wheat berries from CN (playing with sprouting)
- buy fresh buy local magnet. Have you pledged yet? Their email newsletter is AWESOME.
- basil from BGF
- Mrs. Meyers Basil scented hand soap from CN. *love* this scent.
Even though it is now July and sooooooo much more produce is in season, I took a little break this week and purchased some more 'wants' verses 'needs'. I plan to hit another local farmer's market later this week (Urbandale's at Living History Farms) and grab some in season veggies and fruits. Anyone care to join me?