2/04/2011

good fridays


Following Amy's blogsteps (as in a little funny punny to footsteps . . . get it? . . . hehe) and taking some time to look back at the last week and list my top three non-diabetes happy occurrences of the week. Grab the button and join in, or go over to Diapeepees to add you own '5 Friday Fav's' to her comment section.



1. I completed my jury duty sentence appointment without having to juggle our family's schedules for more than 2 days! Even though I wanted to be dismissed for a myriad of reasons, I made the commitment to follow through am oh so happy I did.

2. My personal relationship with God has been growing by leaps and bounds. Adding in a 12-week bible study to an already busy evening schedule has proved extremely rewarding. I find myself looking forward to the homework and anxious to study more of His word.

3. I am grateful for my teenage daughter. We are able to speak eye to eye (literally) and have a mutual respect for each other's viewpoint. I am just so stinkin' proud of who she is becoming and I am blessed to have her as my child. I opened the mail the other day to see a hand written note from a teacher at Maddi's school pouring praise for her admirable classroom behavior and exemptlory study skills. Wow. I just don't think it gets better than this.
   
Happy Friday and enjoy the rest and recuperation the weekend has to offer!

10 comments:

Amy@Diapeepees said...

It's so great when things are going right in the teen world...I always hope that's me when the time comes! And, I have to say, I've had a pretty good God week as well! (Sorry the button didn't work for you -- not sure why -- )

Amy@Diapeepees said...

If you right click on the mouse and highlight "copy" from my sidebar, the Good Fridays button and link should come through on your page...but don't feel you need to do all that work on my account!

Shannon said...

Those are all so good.....but #3 is something to celebrate!!! Awesome!!!

Misty said...

Happy Friday! It's always nice to have good things to celebrate. Thanks for sharing:)

Tracy1918 said...

Yay! What a great list!

Have a good weekend! : )

Joanne said...

Love the list. You must teach me your jedi mind trick with your teenage daughter. I know it will come in handy for me when Elise is that age. She's already acting like it!

Unknown said...

WOOT on #3 Amy! I am sure you are sooooo very, incredibly, over the moon proud of your girl...which, btw, is a reflection of your uber-awesomeness!!!

Unknown said...

YIIPPEE!!!

1) I kept my 3 year old home from preschool on Wed just so we could play Candy Land together :)

2) Hubs took a half day so we could have a lunch date -- ALONE!

3) I spent an hour perusing my favorite grocery store just for fun :)

connie said...

I love the list, reflecting on the good stuff is always so uplifting! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California :-)

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You, ~Ron