- I give sleep to blood sugar tests in the middle of the night
- I give time to keep supplies in stock, make phone calls, attend medical appointments, perform finger pokes and administer insulin
- I give brain cells over to the constant calculation of carbohydrates
- I give money (okay; I give my husband's money) to purchase medicine and testing supplies
- I give advice and opinions about T1D to those brave enough to ask
- I give sympathy to the thousands of other T1D parents who give as I do
I give all of these things with a grateful heart that I have someone to give them TO.
But . . . .
Sometimes receiving is pretty awesome, too.
Boy did I ever receive ;) What you see here is one Bosch T20 Tassimo coffee maker, one red-colored accessory plate, one package of Starbucks cappuccino primo T-discs and one package of Gevalia Signature Blend T-discs.
And the best part? It. won. the. whole. darn. thing.
All I did was enter a giveaway on another T1D blog. The fabulous Leighann of D-Mom Blog wanted to give one lucky commenter (me!) an opportunity to be fully caffeinated at all times. *Bless her heart
This type of winning fun can be had by anyone, really. All you have to do is comment on a blog post or share it on Facebook / Twitter / your lawn sign for extra entries. In fact, several T1D blogger participate in a quasi-weekly 'Sugar Bolus' by either hosting or participating! I will be hosting my very own giveaway in April . . . . paying it forward is the most rewarding part of the whole deal anyway.
This week for instance, Hallie over at Princess and the Pump is hosting a giveaway for a really sweet Skidaddle supply bag! GO ENTER NOW!
If you want more information about these great giveaways, visit Wendy over at Candy Hearts and see what it is all about. *I'll give you a hint: It's all about getting a chance to receive something awesome with no pressure to return the action - but I bet you will want to.
My 'Joy' Station.
I have been choosing joy several times a day. Good thing T-discs come in decaf and tea varieties or I would be bouncing off the walls!