6/11/2009

15 years and counting


circa 1993 at Ponca State Park in Nebraska

Awwwwww. Come on everyone; say it with me: Awwwwww

Fifteen years ago today, June 11, 1994, Dave & I exchanged marriage vows at the Presbyterian Church of the Cross in Omaha, Nebraska. It was a beautiful ceremony, as many are, but we had been 'married' to each other long before the minister announced us husband and wife. Did it happen at our first kiss? Or did it happen when we fought and made up? Or was it something meant to be and we just had to look real close and figure it out? Whatever the case, I am so glad we did.

In celebration of 15 years married (21 together), here is a list of 15 reasons I am honored to be married to Dave:
  1. Whenever something happens I want to share, he is the first person I want to share it with.
  2. He does not pass gas. He belches, quietly, but no farts.
  3. Not a day goes by he doesn't ask if I need something .... anything.
  4. He did not pass out during the deliveries of our three kids.
  5. No flinching when I send him to the store to buy feminine products.
  6. He will rub my feet, even when I don't ask/beg him to.
  7. He would rather be with me and the kids than any other place on earth.
  8. Blond hair, blue eyes, a cute giggle and a fine backside.
  9. Dave is honored to be a father and takes his title seriously.
  10. If the ice cream carton has only 1 serving left, he graciously hands it over to me.
  11. I still get butterflies when he looks at me and smirks.
  12. He values the simple pleasures in life and is teaching his children how to do the same.
  13. Dave has never been arrested for drug trafficking or charged with manslaughter.
  14. We have had our shares of ups and downs, yet I am convinced he would do it all over again and say it was worth it.
  15. He makes me a strive to be a better person.
I love you, baby!!!!!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Awww And can I say that #13 is the clincher...