2/14/2010

randoms

I strongly dislike the 1993 movie Groundhog's Day.  Not only do I wince at the sound of Andy McDowell's voice, the entire plot of the movie is a nightmare.  MY personal nightmare.  As in the thought of having to repeat the same day over and over again makes me want to scream and pull my hair out.  Kind of like the weather being the same day after day after day.  Similar, in fact, to the weather pattern we are experiencing this winter; mostly cloudy and gray with a 2-inch snow shower 2-3 times a week.  Eeeeeeeeck!  I am living my nightmare!  As long as Andi doesn't show up to narrate my day I think I can hang in until Spring.  As for my hair?  Bald is in, right?



Paying five dollars to get a Star Wars Lego costume made out of leather is totally worth it ........ according to my pal Ceesa.  The deal was cinched the moment the product advertised FREE SHIPPING.  ::ahem::   from South Korea!!!!!  The cracker box traveled far and wide to bring a little joy to a bright eyed boy in Iowa (Lego figurine not included).  Oh what a bigger world opens up to us through Ebay.





And now, an interactive quiz:  What is wrong with this photo:




Last, but certainly not least, I have proof positive you do not need to spend an arm and a leg for holiday decorations and gifts. 

Example:  I purchased some Valentine-themed napkins for $1.50 and 3 chocolate covered marshmallow hearts.  After the children went to bed, I laid out the candy on the kitchen table and went to work on the decorations:


Napkins cut into heart shapes and taped on the fridge



Proof:  Ben and Ellie came running into our bedroom this morning with huge smiles on their faces and said:  "Mom!  Dad!  Cupid IS real!!!"

I swear they were as excited today as they were on Christmas morning.  A reminder to me that it is all about the effort and thought and not so much about the money spent.

I hope you all had a moment to tell your Valentine how much you love and appreciate him or her.  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: