11/26/2010

confessions

I realize the Thanksgiving holiday is a time to reflect upon blessings . . . . and to eat boat loads of food . . . but I count my blessings everyday.

Really, I do!

I make myself visualize all the good things in order to not go crazy-insane with all the 'non-blessings' that pop up on a regular basis.

:: picture me with fingers plugging my ears, head down, eyes closed, rocking back and forth while whispering nonsense ::

Yep, e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y.

So, I am not going to write about all my blessings. 

Instead, I am going to post a few confessions in the interest of full disclosure.

Why?

Because I am betting you need a laugh or two after eating too much, spending way too much time with relatives, shopping until your wallet is empty, cooking for 42 hours straight, etc.


Confession #1:  I like graphs.  Life would be soooooooo much easier is lessons were wrapped up in a pie chart


 
Confession #2:  I don't think the best sound in the world is my children laughing.  I prefer the silence of when they are sleeping.



Confession #3:  I like to watch the A&E show, Intervention.  It makes my life look soooooooo good.



Confession #4":  I miss smoking.  It's been 1 year since I quit and yes, I feel fabulous in so many ways, but I still miss it. 




Confession #5:  I feel guilty when I am grateful for Ellie having T1 diabetes.  Not for the specific disease, per say, but for the closeness the two of us have.  I am also grateful for the community of people we have been pulled into and supported by.  Our world has expanded and I wouldn't wish different.




Shoot.  I didn't want to count blessings.  Now I have gone and ruined the whole post.  Crapolina.

Here's another pie chart to make up for it:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

"I did it" - hahaha...love the FUNERAL Pie chart! Also...I needed this, you are right. Congrats on the quiting smoking business Amy. That must have been difficult!

Lora said...

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!
he he.. I am a singer ;)

I LOVE # 2 - that would have to be a confession of mine also.

Unknown said...

Love this!!!!! I love #3 too.

SO PROUD OF YOU for putting down the cigs!

Meri said...

Hilarious! I love this post, and I confess that I love your confessions

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Love your sense of humor! Thanks for the chuckle!

Amanda said...

Oh, that funeral chart was so what I needed right now! Love it!