7/29/2011

good fridays


I will trust the calendar on my computer and on my fridge to be truthful about today being Friday.  This week has been a complete blur and today could be a Wednesday in February for all I  . . .  feel?  Know?  Think?  Whatever.  Since all resources point to Friday I will play along and write 3 moments I am grateful for this past week . . . month?  Year?  Millennium? 



1.  I am grateful to have been a part of the celebration of life service of a dear church member, Becca, who was received into the Kingdom in Heaven last Saturday.  Her three year battle of a painful cancer ended, leaving behind an adoring husband and 2 precious little girls.  Her family and friends honored her life yesterday with a funeral service I was humbled and honored to be part of.  A reminder to live a life walking with and glorifying Jesus.



2.  My cluttered house means we had a good week of playing.  As long as nothing is growing fuzzy I can live with it for a couple of more days.


3.  Lots of reading going on it our house.  I will never tire of walking into a room to see a someone curled up in a chair or on the floor lost in a story.










What are 3 of your moments of gratitude this week?

6 comments:

The DL said...

I am greateful that today is Friday! hha

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Bubba and I have been exercising together this week. Fun memories.

Football and Fried Rice said...

1. I was treated to Starbucks this morning.

2. I got to visit with both you and Lisa this week; loved every minute of my adult time!

3. It's Friday and my house isn't too far gone that I can't "get it back" in an hour or so! I'm thankful for that, so I can enjoy the weekend with my family!

Amy@Diapeepees said...

Your number 2 is very optimistic. I have a hard time with #2 at my house.
I'm glad your funeral service was a good one. Sometimes they can really be nice as a time to remember and connect with loved ones.

Lora said...

UM!! All the time I have spent with Leighanna this week.

I don't work tomorrow

and ummmm!!!

I am greatful for your awesomeness :)

Denise aka Mom of Bean said...

Glad your friend is now completely whole. Praying for comfort and peace for her family.
So hearing you on the living with the clutter...this week was not the week for cleaning!