5/20/2011

good friday


Happy Good Friday!!  It may be raining, and the rapture may be upon us, but I am in a great mood and not too worried ;)

1.  I am grateful to have the opportunity to work the Scholastic Book Fair Warehouse sale today.  In exchange for 4 hours of labor, I receive a voucher good for $40 worth of clearance materials.  Woo-To-The-Hoo!!!



2.  I was thrilled to find a fabulous post by one of my favorite authors, Ann Voskamp, about homeschooling.  I found at least 20 links leading to some great resources for next year's homeschool adventure.  More importantly, I found words that spoke to my heart and soul that solidified our decision to offer a different path for our children.


3.  I eeked out some 'me' time this week.  Wednesday was a beautifully sunny and temperate day so I took a couple of hours to sunbathe out on the trampoline. The weave of the surface provided a welcome breeze and a slight up-and-down movement of my foot gave just enough bounce to feel like I was lounging on a raft in a pool.  I loaded up my iPod with a couple of sermons, bathed in the Word soaked up some much needed vitamin D.



Enjoy the weekend and I hope you all have a GOOD FRIDAY!

11 comments:

Amy@Diapeepees said...

I love Scholastic. We're obsessed around here. And, I'll have to check out the homeschooling site. I love homeschooling (but I have to admit every time I say the word I get an image that just doesn't seem to fit me!)

Trev said...

I luv reading your Friday posts. Make me hone in on an attitute of gratitude. You too have a great week-end!
Cheers!

Sarah said...

sounds like a great week :) I love lounging on the trampoline with a good book!

sky0138 said...

LOVIN the trampoline time!! I do the same thing...:o)

Denise said...

need to get me a trampoline...but I don't think I would get to enjoy it feeling like the gentle bounce of a raft in a pool, more like a ship in a tropical storm (thanks to my boys!!!)

Denise aka Mom of Bean said...

Maybe I can get the obnoxious neighbor kids off their trampoline for some much needed Vit D and book reading time!! ;)

Valerie said...

Yay--having "me" time is wonderful! Glad you were able to do that.

Heidi / D-Tales said...

A $40 Scholastic voucher? SCORE!!!

It's great to "see" how excited you are about homeschooling. Can't wait to read more in fall.

You got ME time! Yay for you!!!

Unknown said...

This post makes me smile from ear-to-ear. Nothing like hearing about one of my favorite D Mamas getting in some time for herself.

Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

That trampoline vision sounds heavenly. Oh, how I'd like to come lay and bask in God's message alongside you!

I'm really excited about your adventure for next year!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Lori- The Incredible Mr. Sweets said...

Amy,

I can't believe your post link to Voskamp! One of my best friends has been urging me to read her! Thanks, the post was so not what I expected! Lots of thoughts swimming in my head since reading. (I spend time in the summer homeschooling - very casually) my kiddos. So glad to have found you! I LOVE reading your posts!! Great perspective! I can't wait to watch your journey unfold. Exciting!